Luno is a South African Cryptocurrency Exchange which was founded seven years ago and not only cites a supportive fintech environment, but also a growing cryptocurrency awareness and adoption.
These were but a few reasons why Luno has made a conceited effort in expanding its services into Australia. This achievement finally became reality in late August when the exchange reached a client base of 5 million users.
This launch had come after Luno had announced that its services would be available in the UK while BitcoinKE exclusively completed registration of Pesabase remittance service in Australia at the same time to include Africa in its remittance services.
Bitcoin has seen a 59% rally despite the Covid-19 pandemic with Bitcoin trading breaking a new record in Australia in February. However, the numbers are lower than expected when taking the country’s economy and economic indicators into account.
In January, cryptocurrency-based merchant trade in Australia reached $44,000 and by February, it had skyrocketed to nearly $74,000.
In the past five years, Australia has experienced a five-fold increase in fin-tech companies along with continued support in its regulatory environment.
For these reasons, amidst numerous others, Australia has been an ideal expansion target for Luno considering its existing operations in several other markets including South Africa, Nigeria, and the UK.
Another driving factor behind the expansion is the young age of the Australian population in addition to the disposable income made.
When considering crypto trading in Australia, there are a few important statistics to note, namely:
- 17% of the Australian population are in ownership of cryptocurrency
- At least 1 in every 5 Australians are likely to purchase crypto within the next 6 months
- At least a third of regular Australian investors spend between $100 to $500 per month on cryptocurrency
- Most Australians aged 44 and younger believe that cryptocurrency will be widely accepted by people along with businesses
- In all of Australia, Bitcoin remains the most recognised and owned of all digital currencies
- More than half of millennials believe that cryptocurrency will be more widely accepted in the future
- More than half of retirees believe that cryptocurrency is not likely to be widely accepted in the future, and
- There are approximately 73% of cryptocurrency investors who currently hold Bitcoin, otherwise referred to as BTC.
Cryptocurrency adoption proceeds to grow in Australia and since May and there is a clear display of positive sentiments towards cryptocurrency.
Since the emergence and spread of Covid-19, Luno has seen its client base grow by a million users as the pandemic forced people to seek digital ways through which they could transact and limit contact with others.
Luno is now offering an incentive to its South African customers through connections in Australia and the UK.
With the current rate of adoption of cryptocurrency around the globe, the prospects of expanding further into other territories is one that is quite lucrative and achievable as Bitcoin, and other cryptocurrencies, gain popularity on a global scale.
*** BEST STOCK NEWSLETTER of 2020 ALERT ***
Updated September 13, 2020
At WallStreetSurvivor, we subscribe to dozens stock recommendation and advisory newsletters. There is ONE newsletter that is constantly outperforming all of the others–The Motley Fool Stock Advisor.
ONE of this year’s Motley Fool Stock Picks Has Already quadrupled, ONE has tripled, and another TWO Have Already Doubled in just 8 months of of 2020!
We have been tracking ALL of the Motley Fool stock picks since January 2016. That’s almost 5 years, 55 months and 110 stock picks. As of Friday, September 11, 2020 the Motley Fool’s January 2 stock pick (TSLA) is up 333%, their March 19th pick (ZM) is up 209% in just 6 months, and another two have more than doubled. In addition, 6 of their 2019, 8 of their 2018, 8 of their 2016, 9 of theire 2017 and 13 of their 2016 picks have also doubled. Most impressively, over the last 5 years that we have been tracking every recommendation, their average stock pick is up 135%. That beats the SP500 by an average of 95%. And that’s even accounting for all of this COVID mess that has wreaked havoc on most stocks. BUT, the Fool has done so well because they have quickly identified stocks this year that will perform well in the post-COVID world. THAT is how the Fool consistently does so well–they adapt and constantly pick stocks before everyone else realizes the opportunities.
- CrowdStrike (CRWD) — June 4, 2020 pick is already up 32%
- Shopify (SHOP) – April 2, 2020 pick and it is already up 164%
- Zoom Video (ZM) – March 19, 2020 pick and it is already up 209%
- DexCom (DXCM) picked Feb 20, 2020 right before the market crashed and it is still up 41%
- Tesla (TSLA) picked January 2, 2020 before the crash and it is up 333%
- HubSpot (HUBS) picked December 5, 2019 and it is up 82%
- Netflix (NFLX) picked November 21, 2019 and it is up 54%
- Trade Desk (TTD) picked November 11, 2019 and up 117%
- Zoom Video originally picked Oct 3 and it is up 398%
- SolarEdge (SEDG) picked September 19, 2019 and it is up 105%
Now no one can guarantee that their next picks will be as strong, but our 5 years of experience has been super-profitable. They also claim that since inception, their average pick is up 529% and now we believe them. You sure don’t want to risk missing out. Many analysts are saying that we have passed the bottom of this COVID crisis and stocks will recover quickly. So make sure you have the best stocks in your portfolio.
Normally the Fool service is priced at $199 per year but they are currently offering it for a NEW SUBSCRIBER DISCOUNT of just $99/year if you click this link.
GET UP TO $1,000 IN FREE STOCK
WHEN YOU OPEN A ROBINHOOD BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
Robinhood was the first brokerage site to NOT charge commissions when they opened in 2013. They just past 10,000,000 accounts and to celebrate they are offering up to $1,000 in free stock when you open a new account.
Here’s the details: You must click on a special promo link to open your new Robinhood account. Then when you fund your account with at least $10, you will receive one stock valued between $5 and $500. Then, you will get a link to share with your friends. Every time one of your friends opens an account, you will receive another free stock valued between $5 and $500. Click here to learn more about this Special Robinhood offer.
Claim your free stock NOW (before it’s too late)